Screen Sharing Plugin (Windows Users Only)
Posted by Aaron Shinn on 07 February 2013 05:02 PM
If you are a Windows user, then you will need to download and install the Screen Sharing Plugin in order to use the Screen Sharing feature. Currently, you can choose to download and install the Screen Sharing Plugin from either your account manager or from within a live meeting.
How to download/install Screen Sharing Plugin from account manager:
1. As soon as you log into your AnyMeeting account or attempt to start a meeting, our system should automatically determine whether you have the Screen Sharing Plugin installed or not. If you do not have it installed yet, you should see a message appear on your account telling you so. Press the "Install" button as shown below to start the download.
2. If prompted from your browser, go ahead and choose to run or save the install file.
3. Once the install file finishes downloading, double click on the install file.
4. The installation process will automatically run and when it finishes, just press the "Close" button as shown below. You now have the Screen Sharing Plugin installed on your computer.
PLEASE NOTE * If using IE (Internet Explorer) as your web browser, please be aware that there is a small prompt that will populate and you will need to click 'ALLOW' in order for our new Screen Share Add-On to function.*
This step will only need to be enabled the first time you run the new Screen Sharing Plugin.
How to ALLOW in Internet Explorer 8:
How to ALLOW in Internet Explorer 9:
How to ALLOW in Internet Explorer 10:
How to download/install Screen Sharing Plugin from a live meeting:
1. Press the "Screen Share" option as shown below.
2. A prompt should appear notifying you that the download has started. From here, just follow steps 2-4 of the instructions on how to download/install the Screen Sharing Plugin from your account manager.
Once the Screen Sharing Plugin has been installed on your computer, you can now start using the Screen Sharing feature in your live meetings.
When the Screen Sharing feature is active, you should notice the Screen Sharing icon appear in the notification area on your taskbar. You can click on this icon to see the current status of your Screen Sharing session or for more Screen Sharing controls.