Troubleshooting Screen Annotation
If you are on Windows 7 using the non-aero theme, you will see that annotation is not enabled. Mouse over the button to see the tooltip:
Q: How do I enable Windows Aero?
A: Windows Aero is a design setting that enables enhanced graphical effects and allows more sophisticated Window Capturing in OBS. On the other hand, disabling Aero can improve Display Capture performance.
Change Aero setting by selecting an appropriate design theme:
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- In the Appearance and Personalization section, click Change the theme
- To enable Aero, select any theme under Aero Themes
Q: What are the requirements to use Screen Annotation?
A: Requirements are:
- Intermedia AnyMeeting Desktop Application or Intermedia Unite Desktop Application is required to enable Annotation
- If you are sharing your screen, you will not be able to annotate on other screens at this time. This feature is coming soon.
- Annotating on another person’s screen is supported on Chrome and the Intermedia AnyMeeting Desktop Application
- Windows 7 is supported only on an Aero Themed desktop
Q: I’m using the application and I still don’t see the Annotation button when I screen share?
A: Please confirm you have the newest version of Intermedia AnyMeeting or Intermedia Unite apps. You may need to contact your Administrator if the apps are updated through your IT Department.
The following ToolTips you may see for different statuses while using Annotation:
Not Available - Tooltip text: Screen Annotation is currently not available as the presenter is not using a supported Intermedia AnyMeeting version.
For example, if your presenter is using Chrome web browser.
Not Active - Tooltip text: Screen Annotation has been disabled by the presenter.
Disconnected - Tooltip text: Screen Annotation is currently unavailable, and will return momentarily.
Connecting - Tooltip text: Screen Annotation will be available momentarily.
Screen sharing has started, user has clicked the button and the PeerConnection is connecting
Reconnecting - Tooltip text: Screen Annotation will be available momentarily