If you are on Windows 7 using the non-aero theme, you will see that annotation is not enabled. Mouse over the button to see the tool tip:
Q: How do I enable Windows Aero?
A: Windows Aero is a design setting that enables enhanced graphical effects and allows more sophisticated Window Capturing in OBS. On the other hand, disabling Aero can improve Display Capture performance.
Change Aero setting by selecting an appropriate design theme:
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- In the Appearance and Personalization section, click Change the theme
- To disable Aero, select Windows Classic or Windows 7 Basic found under Basic and High Contrast Themes
- To enable Aero, select any theme under Aero Themes
Q: What are the requirements to use Screen Annotation?
A: Requirements are:
- Intermedia AnyMeeting Desktop Application is required to enable Annotation
- If you are sharing your screen, you will not be able to annotate on other screens at this time. This feature is coming soon.
- Annotating on another person’s screen is supported on Chrome and the AnyMeeting Desktop Application
- Windows 7 is supported only on an Aero Themed desktop
Q: Where can I see how to use Annotation?
A: Please visit our article: H
Q: I’m using the application and I still don’t see the Annotation button when I screen share?
A: Please confirm you have the newest version of our app. You may need to contact your Administrator if our apps are updated through your IT Department.